8. kesäkuuta 2013

Let's dance like there's no tomorrow !

Hello amigos y amigas !

So as I threatened in the last post, this time I'm gonna write in English. It feels kinda weird, because I'm used to writing to this blog in Finnish, but it also feels easier. Odd.

So anyways, I don't really know where to start. This always happens when i take too long breaks from writing here. I can't remember what was the last thing I told you guys and then there's so much to tell that I get tired of writing. I guess I'll never learn.... But I just looked back to my last post and realized that it was just pictures. Dang it. Oh well, i guess I have even more to tell to y'all than what I thought. Which means that I probably won't go into much detail, but we'll see.

A lot has happened since the last time I actually wrote. One of the things was a trip to Baltimore. We went there with my host family and it was a blast! I saw my first major league baseball game (go Orioles !), ate at Hard Rock Cafe and a bunch of other stuff. Baltimore is pretty close to Va Beach, so we drove there and back, which ended up being very amusing. Doing the Harlem Shake in the back seat of the car with my siblings, stopping at Ikea to eat meatballs and all that kind of stuff. I'm gonna miss my family so much !

Another trip that I made in April was to Blacksburg, which is in Western Virginia, close to the actual West Virginia. It was me and five other exchange student girls. It was a long drive there, five or six hours I think, but we sure didn't have a dull moment. And when we got there, we stayed with local exchange students, had a bonfire party, enjoyed the hot tub, hiked and all that. We also had our final orientation. Other exchange students have been such a big part of my year, and become so important to me. They are the only people who can completely understand what you're going through because they're experincing the same thing. I'm going to miss them a lot, but luckily many of them live somewhat 'close' to me, at least within the same continent ! :D

A lot happened in May too, but I'm not gonna get into it that much because I don't even remember everything. :D But what I do remember is Prom 2013 ! In my school we don't have a separate Ring Dance, Prom is for both Juniors and Seniors so that ment that a lot of my friends were able to go. There were I think 14 people in my group, mostly my friends from chorus and we had so much fun! Pictures and dinner before Prom, then dancing all night long at Prom and then Taco Belln and stuff afterwards. Our theme for Prom this year was 'The Gatsby Affair', which I thought was pretty cool, all that 1920's glamour and whatnot. :)

But yeaa that was my past few months in a nutshell. Today was my last B-day at school and monday is going to be my last day in an American High School EVER. Even tho I don't enjoy the studying, I have to say that I'm sad it's over. Although I'm happy that I don't have to take any exams, but I can just enjoy my last week in Va Beach. Because next week from tue to fri are all the final exams. So I can just see the places and the people I love. Because in 1 ½ weeks, on the 18th of June, I am leaving Virginia Beach and meeting up my mom in D.C. and then saying goodbye to my hostfamily (</3) and continuing to NYC. And then on the 27th I am flying home, arriving to Finland on the 28th. FREAKY. I'm not ready to leave. Not at all.

But that's it i guess. OH NO nevermind. Packing. The hardest thing ever. I have no idea how I'm gonn get all this stuff back to Finland. I've already sent two huge packets to Finland (they each weighed like 10kg.....) and I haven't even started organizing the stuff that I have left. It makes leaving feel too real. Just no. Don't tell me that  I'm actually gonnahave to do it pretty soon, K?

Take care darlings, I'm gonna write again soon. :)

Anna

OH AND PICS for ya guys ! :)



















Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti